Support system under the current situation(26 May, 2022)
For new cases (16 December, 2021)
If you would like to make an appointment, please call the health center on each campus as below.
- Hongo Campus ： 03-5841-2578
- Komaba Campus： 03-5454-6167
- Kashiwa Campus： 04-7136-3040
Please call Hongo Campus health center for assistance if you are on different campuses： 03-5841-2578
Weekdays : 10:00-12:50, 13:50-16:00
We may have to refer cases to clinics/hospitals outside the university system depending on the COVID-19 situation.
For follow up patients/clients (16 December, 2021)
If you have inquiry regarding your medication/condition, please call the Health Service Center: 03-5841-2578.
These measures are subject to further change depending on the situation.
Information on consultation methods other than the university office
Tokyo Metropolitan Government is offering English hospital referral service to find nearby clinic/hospital as well. 03-5285-8181 (Everyday, 9:00-20:00)
If you require psychiatric urgent care after office hour, please refer to Tokyo Metropolitan Government Psychiatry Emergency Referral Service “Himawari”: 03-5272-0303(Weekdays & Saturdays 17:00-9:00 Holidays 24hrs)
Recent situation of prescribed medications (16 December, 2021)
Due to the recent voluntary recalls of prescribed medications, it has been difficult to secure the inventory of medications at the Health Center. We regret to inform you that we may have to refer you to off-campus hospitals to continue your treatment depending on your prescription. Please also understand that we may not be able to take the new cases depending on your condition and expected course of treatment. Thank you very much.
The Office for Mental Health Support is an Organization in the division for counseling and support. We have psychiatrists and psychologists who can help students and staff at the University of Tokyo continue their academic and personal lives with a healthy state of mind.
The Office for Mental Health Support can provide the following:
- Medication and follow-up with a psychiatrist, when necessary
- Counseling and psychological testing by a psychologist
- Annual mental health checkup for students
- Mental health education
- Clinical analysis of improvement
Mental Health Services at Health Service Centers
- We provide personal and confidential medical management of common mental health concerns, including anxiety, depression, eating disorders, and sleep disorders. Our skilled and sensitive therapists will help you choose the treatment option best for you.
- All student visits to the Health Service require an appointment in person. Please come directly to the reception area for psychiatry at the Health Service Center (show below) to schedule a preclinical interview with a nurse or psychologist. At that time you will complete a preclinical assessment form and then make an appointment to see a psychiatrist. After the first interview with a psychiatrist, you can make subsequent appointments either at the reception or via internet. For a medical certificate, you must see a psychiatrist. Please come to reception to make this appointment.
NO Health Insurance is required.
There are fees for medicine, examinations and the medical certificate and we do ask payment in full for medication.
Mental Health Services are available ONLY to registered students and staffs at the University of Tokyo.
Location and Hours
We have 3 branches: Komaba, Hongo, Kashiwa.
- Komaba Branch[MAP]
The Mental Health Service, located on the second floor of the Komaba Health Service Center is open Monday through Friday, 9:50 a.m. to 4:10 p.m. (psychiatry reception. 9:15 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.). We are closed afternoons during vacation.
Please call 03-5454-6167, extension 46167.
- Hongo Branch[MAP]
The Mental Health Service, located on the second floor of the Hongo Health Service Center is open Monday through Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.(psychiatry reception. 9:15 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.).
Please call 03-5841-2578, extension 22578.
- Kashiwa Branch[MAP]
The Mental Health Service, located at the Kashiwa Health Service Center is open Monday through Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.(psychiatry reception. 9:15 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.).
Please call 04-7136-3040, extension 63040.
Mental Health Handbook for students